The Install Technician is responsible for onsite support & installation of positioning solutions in the marine area. Those include dredging, pile driving & drilling, marine construction & rock placement, single & multibeam surveys as well as many other custom applications in the marine market. Immediate duties will include the installation and operation of marine construction positioning and guidance systems. Collateral duties will include the installation of marine sonar and imaging systems. Office duties will include equipment configuration & testing, maintenance and other tasks associated with preparations for onsite installations. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, have a positive attitude, and rely on a hands-on mindset. Our team blends a diverse range of knowledge and experience that includes Geomatics, Surveying, Construction, Electronics, Mechanical, Marine Technology, and Military.
Measutronics has offices in Lakeland, FL and Vancouver, WA only. Initially, the bulk of time will be spent working out of the Lakeland, FL office for training and development purposes. Future transfer to the Vancouver, WA office is a possibility.
- Install GNSS Guidance systems on a variety of machines.
- Ability to talk the customer through what is needed for installation.
- Ability to get dirty and be in work boots for long periods of time.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn the software for setup.
- Ability to lift 100lbs properly.
- Attention to detail for proper installation.
- Understanding and seeing what the completed install should be prior to even starting.
- Realizing good and bad ways of running things and seeing issues that may arise.
Travel is a requirement of this position, but Measutronics is a family-friendly company. Average travel days for this position are around (but not limited to) 75-100 days per year. Most of the travel is in the U.S. but occasionally may be international.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Mechanical Inclination
- DC power understanding
- Basic Fabrication understanding
- Understanding of proper tool handling
- Ability to adapt on the fly and improvise
- Must be proficient with computers (windows operating system)
- Must meet minimum physical requirements:
- Be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on, off and around heavy machinery.
- Must be able to wear proper construction site PPE (hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, steel toed boots, etc.)
- Measutronics Corporation is a drug free workplace with a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. Must be willing to submit to an initial and random drug and alcohol screenings.
- A background check is required, as well as an acceptable driving record.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and passport.