The Geomatics Technician is responsible for sales, support, training, and installation of positioning solutions in the marine area. Those areas include dredging, pile driving and drilling, single beam and multibeam surveys, marine construction and rock placement, and many other custom applications in the marine market. Immediate duties will include the installation, operation and demonstration of marine construction positioning and guidance systems. Collateral field duties will include the installation and support of marine sonar and imaging systems. Office duties will include technical support, equipment configuration & testing, maintenance and other tasks as required. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, have a positive attitude, and rely on a hands-on mindset. Our team blends a diverse range of knowledge and experience that includes Geomatics, Surveying, Construction, Electronics, Mechanical, Marine Technology, and Military.
Measutronics has offices in Lakeland, FL and Vancouver, WA only. Initially, the bulk of time will be spent working out of the Lakeland, FL office for training and development purposes. Future transfer to the Vancouver, WA office is a possibility.
The Geomatics technician’s time will be split between field and office work.
Office duties will include:
- Technical Support of ongoing projects
- Carry out beta testing/research and development on new equipment and/or new methods. Write up testing summary report.
- Bench test and configure equipment prior to it being shipped to the customer.
- Create technical walkthrough documents for specific processes within our portfolio.
- Create technical write ups on guidance system installations.
- Lead remote or in-office trainings for customers.
- Custom system integration consultation, design, and quoting.
- Lead conference calls/webinars showcasing our portfolio’s capabilities.
Field duties will include:
- Travel to customer’s jobsite to calibrate and commission a guidance system.
- Measure up a guidance system using geomatics tools such as GNSS rovers and optical total station.
- Provide onsite training to field engineers and operators.
- Light installation, cable termination, equipment mounting, etc.
- Field machine checks to verify the guidance system is working accurately.
- Coordinate system tie-ins to verify the guidance system is working in the customer’s specific system.
- Custom system integration between multiple guidance system on a single site.
Travel is a requirement of this position, but Measutronics is a family-friendly company. Average travel days for this position are around (but not limited to) 75-100 days per year. Most of the travel is in the U.S. but occasionally may be international.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- B.S. degree in Geomatics or similar preferred.
- Field surveying experience may be considered in place of degree.
- Base knowledge of the following topics required: Geodesy, coordinate systems, GNSS, and measurement science.
- Base knowledge of the following topics preferred: Basic networking, optical instruments, power requirements, instrumentation, and systems integration.
- Experience with surveying field software preferred.
- Must be proficient with computers (windows operating system)
- Must meet minimum physical requirements:
- Be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on, off and around heavy machinery.
- Must be able to wear proper construction site PPE (hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, steel toed boots, etc.)
- Measutronics Corporation is a drug free workplace with a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. Must be willing to submit to an initial and random drug and alcohol screenings.
- A background check is required, as well as an acceptable driving record.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and passport.